The emergency measures introduced by the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government on the 29th March 2020 finished at midnight on Saturday 23rd May 2020. The overall effect of the emergency provisions was to extend all timelines within which planning decisions can be made by adding an additional period of 8 weeks to the statutory timeline. During this period, the offices of the Planning Authority have remain closed to members of the public whilst applications could still be submitted, submissions made, etc. by post. From Monday (May 25th) a phased re-commencement of the full suite of planning services by Leitrim County Council will commence. Our aim is to continue to deal with as many of our customers as practicable on-line through e-mails or over the phone in line with national guidance.The initial phase of re-opening the planning system to members of the public will be controlled and by appointment only so as to ensure compliance with public health measures and social distancing requirements.
· Members of the public who have a general planning enquiry can phone our direct line 071-9650450, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write into the Planning Department.
· Members of the public who request a pre-planning meeting can ring our direct line to book an appointment. Application form has to be completed and will be accepted through post or email. The meeting will be facilitated through phone calls/emails/written submission or by video- conferencing whichever is appropriate. There will be no physical meetings during this stage of the recommencement of the full suite of planning services.
· Applicants /Agents who wish to submit a planning application can continue to do so by posting the application or dropping it into our post box which is located on the ground floor of our main office. Larger planning applications can be delivered through courier service or a pre-arranged drop off at the building by appointment only.
· Members of the public can continue to make submissions by post or by email using the following email address: email@example.com and should in all instances provide contact telephone numbers to enable the Planning Authority to verify their submissions and to make arrangements for the payment of any associated fees.
· Further Information responses or compliance submissions can still be submitted in hard copy in the normal way, by post or dropping into our post box on ground level. Depending on the nature of the response, these may be e-mailed if no drawings are designed to be printed larger than A3 in size.
·Viewing planning applications can be accessed through our website www.leitrimcoco.ie. All current applications are up to date for online viewing.
In the event that the customer query cannot be resolved by any of these means then they can make an appointment to view a file.
To facilitate an appointment:
Phone our direct line 071-9650450, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write into the Planning Department. The Planning Department will issue an appointment letter to confirm date & time for file viewing. This letter will be presented to Customer Service to verify and allow access to Planning. Each customer will have one hour to view the file(s) requested. The Planning Department will be open for appointments between 10.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m. and 14.00 p.m. - 16.00 p.m. Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays. The Customer can highlight the required documents they need to be copied and we will e-mail scanned copies or post out same so as to minimise time and interaction at the counter.
If a customer wants to view a historic file (more than 5 years old) the required payment of €25.00 file retrieval fee should be arranged by phone via a card payment. No facility for cash payments or change are available at the Planning counter at this time. Cheque, PO or bank draft may be used only if no card payment available.
On arrival at the Planning counter, Customer details will be recorded in a Contact Log by the Planning Department for contact tracing purposes.