Leitrim County Council Arts Office and Library Service is seeking interest from artists of any discipline who would like to take up residence in studio 2 at Market House, Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim (Drumshanbo Library Building).
In lieu of rent, artists are instead commit the equivalent of one hour per week conducting workshops or collaborative programmes with community, school or library groups developed by the artist in partnership with Leitrim County Council Arts Office and Leitrim Library Service.
About the Studios
The recently renovated studios are located on the first floor of Market House in the centre of the town of Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim over Drumshanbo Branch library. The 1st floor of the building consists of two artist’s studios, a separate workshop space, a kitchen and a bathroom with toilet and shower. The studios have 24 hour private independent access to the rear of the building.
Click on the images below to see larger images.
Workshop, Kitchen and Floor Plan
About the workshops/collaborative programmes
In lieu of rent artists commit the equivalent of one hour each week leading workshop or collaborative programmes developed by the artist with Leitrim County Council Arts Office and Leitrim County Library. The content, clients, material requirements and all other details of these workshops will be agreed in advance and supported by Leitrim County Council Arts Office and Library Service. They may be one-hour weekly, two-hour fortnightly, full days every so often or equivalent as agreed. It is anticipated that the successful applicant might engage with one or two groups on an ongoing basis over the course of the residency. The possibility exists for an artist to seek to bring together a group of people with a particular interest or profile specifically for this residency.
If the successful applicant has not already completed a full Children First training programme within the last two years, they must undertake the Children First E-Learning Programme provided by Tusla (which takes 1.5 hours to complete) before taking up the residency and Leitrim County Council will carry out a Garda vetting process before the residency commences.
The residency is for a period of one year (with potential extension for one further year).
How to apply
There is no formal application form. Artists should instead submit the following –
- An up to date CV
- Detailed description of two previous collaborative projects.
- Examples of previous work in .jpg or .pdf format. Video/sound work should be uploaded onto vimeo or youtube.
- A plan for what you intend to accomplish in your own studio work (max one A4 page).
- An outline for approaches you might like adopt through the workshop programme. (It is understood that you could not know what groups would be available to work with in advance of making an application, what their interests may be, or their capacity. Rather this is intended to give an indication of your interests or objective for this aspect of the residency.)
- Copy of your most recent Children First or equivalent certificate (if you possess one)
- Names, contact details and details of your relationship to two referees who are familiar with the work you have carried out with groups.
By post to
Leitrim County Council Arts Office
Aras an Chontae
Carrick on Shannon
Through the file transfer platform www.wetransfer.com to email@example.com
Friday 31st August 2018
Further information from
Christine Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org or 071 96 21694